#32 of the 37 Practices of the Bodhisattva

And another thing, you can apply this (#35) to our attitudes towards others. I was just sitting here thinking about one particular person who really gets under my skin, grinds my gears, and pushes every last button I have. This person drives me absolutely NUTS with his ignorance, lack of caring, and refusal to understand anything! I've wasted so much of my energy hating on him. This is very draining for me. I have labeled him as the culprit, the energy vampire, but I am the one who is allowing it to flow as such. I must remember that he is an extension of me. We are all extensions of each other. We're connected. What he is experiencing, I am experiencing as well. I will embrace the energy, nurture it, love it, Reiki it, and allow it to be, rather than fighting it and fueling it. Turns out I was just kidding about focusing on one of the Practices of the Bodhisattva each day. Based on the first one, it seems that it will take more time than that to research it, understand it, and incorporate it. Actually, I was reading through the list, and this leads me directly to the next Practice that I will work on. 
#32 If through the influence of disturbing emotions
you point out the faults of another Bodhisattva,
you yourself are diminished, so do not mention the faults of
those who have entered the Great Vehicle -- This is the
practice of Bodhisattvas.
Criticism

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree Meditation

What is Reiki?

Seven of Water