Counting My Blessings
This morning was extra bad, for some reason. Maybe it has more than a little to do with the state of my hormones. I sat and cried for two hours about how sad my life was. When I was done, I felt I needed to release everything that I cried about, to let go of everything that brings my vibration down. I took a deep breath and on the exhale, I blew out all my troubles. I announced my intent to release, filled myself up with white light energy, and proceeded to count my blessings.
"Count your blessings" is not a term that I'm actually very fond of. It seems to indicate that blessings are quantifiable and comparable, which they are definitely NOT. I used the term for this post because of the familiarity of the phrase (and because the OCD in me LOVES to count). I decided to share my list with you with hopes of motivating more people to do the same.
- I have two precious children who love me immensely.
- Karen has helped me tremendously with the kids.
- My kids have tender, empathetic souls.
- I have a warm, safe place to sleep at night.
- I have plenty of food in the pantry.
- I have a reliable car.
- I have good hair, really good hair.
- I have pretty blue eyes.
- My waist is small, and my hips are big.
- I have a computer.
- I know how to speak and write to communicate.
- I am a bit psychic.
- I can do Reiki.
- I can read peoples' energy really well, especially people who are close to me.
- I love myself.
- I do not define myself based on my husband.
- I do not define myself based on the opinions of others.
- I have knowledge of scientific things.
- I have a lovely, sweet, pretty, soft dog who likes to cuddle.
- I have extra food in the pantry to give to the neighbor kid who is always hungry when he comes over.
- I have an amazing capacity for love.